I started at Kirton & McConkie today. Everyone I met was really nice and helpful! I have no idea what I'm doing yet....but hopefully I'll figure things out sooner rather than later. More interesting, however, was the gym after work.... ya'll know about the pinched nerve in my shoulder that has caused my muscles to atrophy on my right back and shoulder....well I'm doing my physical therapy exercises with super light dumbells (like 5lbs) and this guy comes up to me and makes some comment about my muscles...and I respond with a joke about the "5lb" dumbells I'm using. Then he challenges me to an arm wrestling contest. I made him use his left hand...he wasn't even trying. He was working just hard enough for me to not beat him....asks me my name, etc.... i told him but then said i had to hurry up with my work out and just walked away. I think i was still in the "DC" mode where I don't tell random strangers anything about myself. Then I remembered that I have pretty much no friends in utah and I should have asked him his name and let him flirt with me since he seemed pretty cool...but he had taken off by then. Why do I do stuff like that? Seriously, what's wrong with me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love this story! Maybe you lived with me for too long ... I am completely opposed to gym encounters. Maybe that subliminally rubbed off on you ... and maybe you will see him at the gym again, and then you can say hello ...
Carly, you are hilarious. I'm sure he was all about hitting on you... welcome back to mormon town! I'm glad things are going well at work, you'll knock their socks off.
Um, hello? What is wrong with you? Haha..j/k. Yes, just remember your back here where it's a little safer and you can meet complete strangers. Don't stress about work. Just remember how many people you beat out for that internship. THEY chose YOU so don't sweat it. Love you!
Post a Comment