I neglected to mention yesterday that I got to ride in the elevator with an apostle!! We were leaving the Garden Restaurant at the top of the JS Memorial Bldg and Elder Cook was right there! It was so cool!! Today was much better than yesterday. I currently have 4 projects I'm working on...so I'm really busy but that's a good thing I guess :) Apparantly they plan on taking us out to lunch just about every day this entire summer....today two other women and I went to get sushi...it was fantastic. We had our own little room in the restaurant where we had to take our shoes off and sit on the floor (in our pencil skirts) and there was a little pit under the table for our feet. The sushi was excellent and it was really fun!
Tonight, SarahJane got her Young Women in Excellence Award and they put together a little program honoring her. It was so wonderful! My parents spoke as did Melanie and SarahJane...they did such a great job! I am so impressed with my little sister! She is such a remarkable young lady and I love being home because we are such good friends and I love hanging out with her! You know how you can tell when a person just has it all together?? Well that is SarahJane. She is amazing and I am so excited for all up and coming events soon to take place in her life!
Oh and I have to mention that I have become somewhat of a closet American Idol watcher. Shhh......! And I thought David Archuleta was so great tonight! It's fun to cheer for the home town kid :)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Day 2
Posted by carly at 1:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Way cool you got to ride with Elder Cook. Way to go Sarah Jane! And... down here in St. George, tuesdays and wednesdays are like national holidays. My mom LOVES American Idol! She adores David Archuletta... as do the rest of us.
Wow! Out to lunch every day...that definitely beats my pb&j on wheat that I scarf down each day in the 2 mintues I get to eat. You looked gorgeous the other day in your suit...you could serioualy be a model Carly. Absolutely breathtaking!
I am so glad you are here for the summer. We will definitely have to get together some night and go to dinner. My mom told me she got your number. Yeah! Um don't worry about the boy just keep going to the same gym and you'll totally see him!! And good luck with work! I'm sure you're doing awesome!
Carly, I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new job and being back in Utah. I love the gym story, that's hilarious, hopefully you will see him again and you can challenge him to another arm wrestle. :)
So cool to have an apostle encounter. Those kind of experiences don't really happen in the casino elevators of Vegas. We met Elder Scott at the SLC airport once. My brother flagged him down after he saw him come out of the bathroom (poor guy). It was way fun to see you guys at the wedding. I am so excited to add you to my list and my blog addiction!
Kristen
Post a Comment