Friday, April 16, 2010

I'd Rather Be...

Doing anything but studying the law of Trademarks and Unfair Competition. I'm sure you guessed that by my out-of-the-blue blog post after 2 months of no blogging. I have a crazy exam schedule this semester. Three exams in 24 hours. Guess I decided to go out with a bang! I take my Family Law exam Tuesday from 6-9pm. Then my Trademark Law exam Wednesday morning from 9:30am-12:30pm. Then my Law & Religion exam Wednesday afternoon from 2-5pm. I'm not sure yet exactly HOW I'm going to do this...but in all likelihood I'll survive. And will then be recovered 4 days later enough to take my Criminal Procedure exam.

That's how it always happens. I get super stressed with all the studying and stuff I have to do...don't think I'll ever get through it...and then. I do. My faith in this fact has grown strong over the years. I've been through lots of semesters and finals. This, though, is my last one. Hard to believe. And soon I'll be married, buy a home, and begin my career. Every way in which I can justify feeling like a kid still is disappearing within the next month. Crazy. But I'm so excited! I'm so ready to move on to this next chapter in my life! And I can't tell you how blessed I feel to be marrying Spencer.



I remember back when we were dating (I can't believe I just typed that...cause we are STILL dating...shows you how long it's been)...anyways...awhile ago when we were starting to get serious about our relationship, we'd have conversations and Spencer would say things like: "Well, if you're on my team...." then go on to say how it would be. (Hinting at marriage in a subtle way since he hadn't yet formally discussed it). That marriage analogy of "teammates" pops in my head a lot when I think about Spencer. He's the best teammate ever for me because he fills in where I lack and helps me to be my best. He's very optimistic and positive (provided he's not talking about the Jazz or the Beavers ;). I tend to worry and focus on risks and problem that could occur (this no doubt has been multiplied by my law school training...that is how we are taught to think). But I appreciate so much Spencer's optimism and consistency. He is a rock in my life. I know that I can achieve or conquer anything with him. He is my one and only. The most supportive man I can imagine. And that is really saying something considering that more than half of the time, all of that support comes from 2100 miles away.



On another note, I miss Gracie too.



I love that when asked who her favorite aunt is, she says "Carn" (at least when I ask her, she says that).

And that whenever I leave she says "Carn? Come back soon?" It's so funny to watch her knock eagerly (though trying to be patient) on the bathroom door saying: "Treece? Tweece? (my Mom's name is Teresa) It's Grace." Can't tell if she gets the "r" in there all the time or not.

I love that she calls my dad (her grandpa) "Pow". I'm sure it makes him feel like Batman or something.

I love watching the Mavericks play the Suns on TV with her while she chants "Lets Go Jazz." She brings such joy to my life!


Finally, I am going to miss DC. I've enjoyed my time here so much! I've loved living in close proximity to all this excitement. I'm so happy I came to GW for law school! I would do it all over again. People ask me if I'm going to miss DC and if I'm geared up to move back to Utah. I tell them that I will miss DC but that I can't wait to move back to Utah! I've enjoyed these three year immensely, but I'm just tired of being away from everyone that I love.





I'm coming home soon!

Spencer made me promise him once that I would never write a blog post dedicated to how much I love him and how wonderful he is...I may be breaking that with the above text, but my defense will be that the post covers multiple topics (school, Spencer, and Grace), and that it reveals more about me than it does about him.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Great post. It's fun to post about how great those Williams men are. Tell him you will probably break that promise over and over again. good luck on finals!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Good luck with finals. You're right... that is a ridiculous schedule. Can you believe it's so close to being over? We are so excited for you, though, and the new phase in your life. Good luck!

Melanie said...

Good luck with finals the next week! We can't wait to have you home. I'm completely distraught though that we are moving right when you move home. :( Hopefully some day we will all live in the same city again. I love that picture of Grace by the way. Grace and her popcorn. I need a copy.

The Millers said...

this is a really cute post carly! ohhh. finals. I am so jealous it is your last semester. how crazy. I am so excited for you and spencer. You both seem so happy together! t minus 3 weeks till the big day! :) Can't wait for you to come home. oh and thanks for brainwashing my niece to say carn to every question you ask her.

The Millers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. I'm so happy that you love Spencer. He's lucky to have found you! Good luck with your heavy-duty finals this week. I know you will do well. Love the pictures! What a beautiful couple.

Pizzaforlunch said...

Way to go! - you are offically grown up and I can step aside knowing you are completely ready for life.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

But we will miss you Carly!

Missy said...

i loved this post. we loved your wedding announcement, and hopefully somewhere among all the travels you and spencer can swing through chicago.

Braziers said...

So, I blog stalked. Found ya from Lisa. You look great Carly. Congrats on the law school and the soon to be hubby. Good luck with everything!!!

Shayna (Bush) Brazier

abo-bder said...


شركة تنظيف سيارات بالرياض