Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day Minus My Valentine

So I was pretty bummed about not being with Spencer for Valentine's Day. I know it's not big deal...that it's sort of a made up and cheesy holiday...but I'm engaged! And to not be with your fiance on Valentine's Day just seemed really sad to me.

Spencer is adorable though! On Friday he texted me telling me Happy Valentine's Day and to go downstairs and look on the table. These roses were there! I love them! He apparently asked my friend Callie an entire month ago to get them for him and sent her a blank check in the mail to pay for them...he was so on top of things. It was really cute! And if that wasn't amazing already, on Saturday, I received two things in the mail from Spencer! One was Season Five of The Office :) and the other was a cute card he wrote for me. I loved it!



The past few weeks have been hard for me. I really am sick and tired of being away from Spencer...seriously done with the long distance. I know it's over soon, but that doesn't make the days go by any faster. With the week off of school that we had because of the huge snow storms, I just had too much time to be stuck in my house and sad about it. This is one of the longest stretches of not seeing each other that we've had since we started dating...almost two months...and I'm ready for it to be over. It helps to be back in school and busy again, but I just can't wait to go home next Wednesday!! :)

On another exciting note, Grace said my name for the first time this past week! She said "Car---ee" so cute! I hope she practices so she can say it for me in person next week! Can't wait to see her too!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

She actually said "Car-eese". She said it again tonight but it sounded more like "car-ee". Can't wait to see you soon!

Spencer J Williams said...

Well for the record I'm tired of and done with the distance. I miss you a lot. 6 more days...I love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a keeper. What a sweet romantic. Hang in there, you two. The days will pass quickly. Don't wish them away. Use this time to prepare every needful thing. D&C 109:8