Friday, January 18, 2008

A couple firsts

So, last night I received a DC text message Alert warning about some huge storm that was to come today. Then today, I received another saying that all government employees still have to come to work tomorrow despite the snow (haha)....Okay...so it didn't snow today, it didn't rain...it slurpeed. That's my new word for the continual slush. And everybody was talking about school closures though there was only about an inch and a half of the stuff....

Also, tonight I went to Bar Review for the first time...yay for me...trying to be more social with other students from the law school. It was a mixed event at Club 1223 in DC near Dupont Circle between both GW law school and American University law school. Lots of people went and it was really fun to get to talk to some of the people that I see everyday but have never taken much time to get to know. Don't worry Mom, I got my buddy Corban to come with me as my bodyguard...he's a 2L at GW and is in my ward. It was really fun. Everybody knows that I don't drink so that wasn't an issue at all...it was basically the same as a dance party in provo...except for a few drinks.

0 comments: