Friday, August 22, 2008

Climbing Mount Olympus

In July, I climbed Mount Olympus with my cousins and aunt and uncle! It was so much fun and having lived most of my life at the foot of this mountain, I've always wanted to climb it! It was so incredibly steep the entire way!! And the top of the mountain was a little scary cause it was just a huge pile of boulders! But the view was absolutely spectacular! We left at about 6:30 am and made it to the top around 10:15 or so...I really learned how steep it was on the way down because it took us almost as long to go down as it did to go up...there was tons of scrambling over rocks and climbing up boulders. I felt like I was rock climbing rather than hiking :)

The view of Mount Olympus from my backyard.
Our group at the top!

The view of the southern part of the Salt Lake Valley from the summit of Mount Olympus.

My cousin Luke (7 years old) made it to the top too!!! He is amazing!!!

2 comments:

The Buckley's said...

Wow! That hike looks AMAZING! Isn't that crazy that we live right there and I still haven't ever done it either. Lake Powell looks way sweet! I'm so jealous. And sorry we never got together this summer. I guess i'm just so stickin busy cause I wasn't able to get together with anybody! Good Luck with school!

Melanie said...

I love Luke's face...its covered with dirt! That is freaking awesome that you did that. Hopefully I'll be able to get my butt in shape one day so I can do the same!