View of the Potomac from the Key Bridge in Georgetown.
Today, I read in the Washington Post Express that today marks 107 years since Teddy Roosevelt gave his speech in which he said to "Speak softly and carry a big stick"....what a coincidence since just this weekend I went to Roosevelt Island for the first time (twice). I went once on Saturday to do a little trail running and then again on Monday night with Callie...we went for a walk along the Mount Vernon Trail, near the island and up over the Key Bridge into Georgetown.

Me leaving the island after a little trail running.
Me leaving the island after a little trail running.
Some kayakers in the Potomac near Roosevelt Island.
The monument to Teddy Roosevelt.
Cool tree I came across on the island...all hollowed out.

3 comments:
What a beautiful place Carly... I wish you would have been there when we were back there. I'm sure you know all the awesome places. I hope school is going well for you, second year was way better then first. You look great!
That's a cool tree and I love the shot of the kayaks. I can't believe you live right next to all of those cool monuments! I'm glad you actually go out and visit them frequently.
That looks so awesome. I would love to move out of state! Such a great experience!
Post a Comment