Sunday, December 06, 2009

Deep into finals studying...

...and all I can think about is this guy!...And how excited I am to see him on Friday!!



I thought long-distance relationships were hard but long-distance engagements are even harder. All I want to do is be with him and plan our wedding...but instead I have to study the Bankruptcy Code and ways to manage risk in Real Estate transactions, AND write papers on Professional Ethics in Negotiations and the tendency of public school officials to go so far in trying to prevent an Establishment Clause violation that they end up unconstitutionally restricting student religious speech in public schools. And on top of all that...it's Christmas time. So I'd much rather be shopping, visiting the National Christmas Tree, ice-skating on the National Mall, going to see the Christmas Lights at the Temple and so much more... Anything but get my work done. I did manage to hear Handel's Messiah performed at the National Cathedral on Friday. (Which was fabulous). But I'm ready to go home! And I'm ready to live in the same city as my fiance!

10 comments:

Spencer J Williams said...

and i'm ready to live in the same city as you..............

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Good luck with your finals! Can you believe you're almost done?!

The Piersons said...

OH Carly I am so sorry, that must be so hard!! Aaron and I did our engagement long distance and it stinks but we weren't engaged as long as y'all are. I'm very impressed that you are attempting to study. :)

Jeffrey said...

Good job Carly. Engagement was the worst stage of my life, worst.

Taylor said...

You've got an amen...about the finals thing and not about thinking about Spencer.

I could say I would much rather be enjoying my daughters birthday tomorrow. Instead, I am making final edits to a research paper, studying for a GIS final, designing a public participation process and pulling all the hair out the top of my head. Amen

Good Luck!! See you Friday if we survive.

Justin and Lindsey Neumann said...

CONGRATS CARLY!!!!! I was so happy when I came upon your blog and then EVEN HAPPIER when I saw that you are engaged! That is so exciting! You make such a cute couple. We couldn't be happier for you.

The Buckley's said...

Oh how cute are you! I can't imagine being that far away. TJ and I couldn't even handle being away from each other for more than a couple hours. You will just Love it even more though when you do get to come home and b=get married. It will be SO exciting. I BETTER GET AN INVITE!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking happy for you two and you guys are adorable!

Kevin and Andrea said...

I love your picture! I am so impressed that you are even trying to study. I mastered the art of justifying my way out of studying. Call me if you need any help.

Kevin and Andrea said...

PS back - I lvoe you blog background! I love the brown in with the green and red.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little behind and now you're home. Which means your studying and papers are behind you. Congratulations! Now Spencer is happy and you're happy and Christmas is around the corner. Have a wonderful time together! Wish we could see you but hope to catch you before you go back.