Thursday, January 07, 2010

Christmas Break 2009

I pretty much have the cutest niece of all time...



Making her cheesy camera face...



I just got back to DC this week from spending a long Christmas Break with the family in Salt Lake City. I was home for 3.5 weeks and it is hard to come back (leave Spencer and Grace) and start school all over again. But, it's the last time. This was my LAST first week of school EVER! I think I will enjoy my courses: Law & Religion, Family Law, Trademark & Unfair Competition, and Criminal Procedure. I've got some excellent professors this semester so I think it will be a great end to my law school experience. But back to Grace... This video is of her dancing....if you listen, you can here her say neat after I ask her if she was dancing...who knows where she learned that word...probably my Mom.



She got a wooden pizza for Christmas...you can velcro toppings to it and cut the velcroed-together slices with a wooden pizza wheel. She loves cutting it and after 15 minutes of cutting the pizza over and over again, was getting a little tired. Instead of putting the wheel down, however, she just laid her head down and kept at it... (I should also note there that I am the one that dressed her in her tutu, white pants, and swimsuit top...all personal requests of of little G herself). :)



Too busy for you, Aunt Carly...



I love playing trains with Grandpa...





Spencer and I sadly spent Christmas apart as he went to Oregon and I was in SLC. The whole Williams family had a blast in Corvallis and I'm sad I missed it. Us Waltons had a great time too! It sure is great to have Sam back home! Spencer and I both have birthdays in December. His the 10th and mine the 19th. So we had lots of celebrating to do. Here's Spencer blowing out candles on his birthday oreo carmel ice cream cake.



Yes, I am wearing an Oregon State T-Shirt just days before the BYU Bowl Game. I've been wanting to get an Oregon State shirt of some sort and Spencer's Mom sent me one for my birthday! It was Spencer's birthday request that I wear it for his birthday celebration. Note that I do cheer for cougars first and beavers second...



I had such a fun time at home over the holidays! Spencer's parents came down from Corvallis for a few days and were were able to spend some time with them which was really fun. I spent tons of time with Grace. I got to see Traci and Collin a few times, Natalie and Kevin a few times, see Karen, hang out with family and extended family, and spend time with my cute fiance. We were able to get lots of wedding plans done too! I'm really excited for the big day....just 4 months away come Sunday!



Enjoying the lights at Temple Square (or rather getting warm in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building).



Spencer and I visiting his grandparents

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I love all the pictures! I'm going to have to take some of them from you. When was she playing with that pizza like that? Was it while you guys were babysitting? She is so funny. Miss you!

The Piersons said...

I'm so happy you made it to your last semester! You look so great and so happy, here's to counting down 4 months!

Unknown said...

Nice work. Way to make the effort and take the time to blog. Its so difficult to do...I admire you. FOUR MONTHS IS FOREVER AWAY. Anyways, thanks for the post. Have a great rest of your school experience. Now you'll be more like me...graduated and not going back! Wink.

Julie said...

Carly! I was so excited when I saw your comment on my blog! Little Link is 15 months old and so much fun. We are still in NC, but Dave graduates in May and we are up for living anywhere there is a job. Where are you going to end up? Congrats for almost finishing school and for almost becoming a Williams (I'm jealous you are aquiring my maiden name!).