Saturday, November 01, 2008

City that Never Sleeps

I went to NYC last weekend and stayed with some friends. It was so much fun! I love hanging out with new yorkers who know about all the cool things do and places to go. Friday night we ate some fantastic Japanese food in the East Village followed by nutella & raspberry sauce filled crepes near Houston Street. There are so many amazing restaurants in the East Village...that is my favorite area of town to walk through at night in nyc...so fun! Saturday, we went to South Street Seaport and walked down Wall Street (in a crazy windstorm!!) and then went grabbed dessert at Serendipity, and then went to see Spamalot on Broadway! While I was there, we also ate at a really good pizzeria in the Upper West side and got cupcakes (pumpkin with the most amazing cream cheese frosting) and banana pudding at the famous Magnolia Bakery. We grabbed our desserts and walked down the street and ate them in front of the Manhattan temple. I had such a great time!





Here I am at Serendipity. For those of you who don't love chick flicks, this ice cream parlor / restaurant is super famous and can be found in many cute movies set in nyc. One Fine Day, Serendipity, etc.... If you can believe it, the wait for a table for 4 here at 3pm on a Saturday was 2 hours!! (We put our name in and then came back later). Their signature item is Frozen Hot Chocolate...which is like a milk shake but thinner...and comes in a big sundae dish...so good....we got one of those with a little peanut butter flavor in it. And then we also got two other sundaes and shared the dishes. Delicious! And pricey...yes, the sundaes were $15 a piece!



Carly, Nick, and Chateau....under the Queensboro bridge on Roosevelt Island.


We took the tram from midtown Manhattan to Roosevelt Island (which is just east of midtown). It's a commuter tram so it was only $2 to ride. And it was so amazing! I loved it. It was like we were flying though the buildings and then across the river. And it had just gotten dark, so the lights were starting to come on in the buildings...I love the nyc skyline....this was so fun!! We just rode there and back....$4.









Strolled down Wall Street....stopped here in front of the New York Stock Exchange for a picture. You could feel the depression in the air.... ;)



We went to see a Broadway Show!! Monty Python's Spamalot. It was really amazing! So funny, very similar to the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail but with music. They added a part for the "lady of the lake" - she had an INCREDIBLE voice! I loved all of her songs!! So spectacular and fun to be at a show on Broadway. Oh and Clay Aiken was one of the knights in show...he's odd.



3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so jealous. Do really have to keep rubbing it in? ;)

Camp Chris said...

I love it!!! And we went to the same Serendipity when we were there!!! Oh....NY pizza, is there anything better? Did you make it to little Italy? Best food I've ever tasted!!!! You look great by the way!!! I'm jealous of your fun time in the city!!! I bet Washington DC will be a little crazy this week....have fun!!

The Millers said...

oh my goodness... it looks like you had a blast in NYC! I definitely was jealous when you kept sending messages about what you were doing! I hope you are doing well! i love you