
Yes, Mom, I took this picture while driving over a bridge ;) Had to capture the Philadelphia skyline! The drive up there wasn't too bad. It took about 2 hr 45 min. The only bad part were the toll roads...I think it cost $10 to get there and $5 to get home. When I was driving past the University of Pennsylvania, I saw this river there that was lined with boat houses and there were 3 or 4 rowing teams in the river....it was the coolest thing! Looked so fun! And, I saw the Museum steps that Rocky runs up in the movie! I really wanted to run up them, but we didn't have time to do it...next time I guess. ;)

Independence Hall. This is where the Philadelphia Convention was held and the constitution was drafted. It is now right in the middle of downtown Philadelphia.


Andrew and I walked through parts of town. This is a little street that has been preserved. We ate at this amazing (and quite pricey--good thing he paid) restaurant called Bistro 7. I had the best gnocchi ever!! (not that i'd ever had any before--cause I hadn't--but it was fantastic!) And for dessert we had maple ice cream with a cinnamon and hazelnut sauce...delicious!!

The Liberty Bell!

69th Street Philly! We drove past all of the University of Pennsylvania campus. I told Andrew that I would have to come up again and go to a UPenn girls basketball game with him (since I seriously almost went there to play for undergrad) and say hi to Coach McGeever. They had this little eatery we passed called "Cereality" - it's a cereal bar! They have their own house granola type cereal as well as all the brand names. And then there are tons of berries and stuff you can put in it...kind of a clever idea...especially at a university.

The Tower Theater! This was the neatest venue for the concert! Ben Harper is an incredible live performer, but is even better at a smaller, more intimate venue! The theater was totally old fashioned inside and decorated like a theater with colums on the sides and fancy decor on the walls. Click here to see info about the cool shows that have made there way here since it was built in 1927:
Tower Theater

This is Andrew. He's a friend from BYU - who just started law school at the University of Pennsylvania. He was going to go to GW but got into the Ivy League at the last minute. He and his roomates were nice enough to let me stay on their couch so I didn't have to pay for a hotel.
0 comments:
Post a Comment