Yesterday was a pretty interesting day.
- In torts, Prof. Banzhaf called 4 people up to the front of the room. He asked one of them to punch him in the stomach as hard as she could. But first, he made her turn around saying he wanted to show the rest of us something...THEN he starts unbuttoning his shirt!!...To reveal a superman logo shirt underneath!! It was maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen! The idea is that she agrees to punch him, but it ends up hurting her more than him (same thing if he had put a tack or something where she was supposed to punch)...is he subject to liability when she is the one who was intending to inflict harmful bodily contact on him?
- In Criminal Law, Prof. Butler asked a black women who performs poetry of about 30 yrs to come in and read us this intense poem about two girls who killed the men who raped them and were charged with homicide. He had given us the poem to read as part of our homework for that day but it was so different to hear her read it with all the emotion! Intense and a little disturbing...
- I also had an interesting dicussion with a friend about gay marriage...
- I found out that after I left that law school people bbq, the "dealer" stopped by and literally everybody started smoking joints....wow. Glad I left.

1 comments:
Your profs sound really great! I'm glad that you're taking part in the social whirl, too. You go, girl!
Post a Comment