So, I finally went down to the river and ran along the Mount Vernon Trail this weekend!! I have been wanting to do it ever since I came. Whenever I drive along the GW parkway, I am so jealous of all the runners and bikers using the path. The trail is paved and runs from roosevelt island all the way down to Mount Vernon (about 20 miles). It meandors along the Potmac river past Reagan National Airport and Old Town Alexandria. There are lots of trees and a great view of the river, the Washington Monument, the Capitol, Wilson Bridge, Fort Hunt, etc. And if you go on the weekends, there are tons of sailboats and windsurfers in the river. I parked my car just south of the Marina and ran down past Alexandria to the bridge and back. When I have a little more time, I want to drive down just past Alexandria and run to Mount Vernon...I think that is the prettier part of the trail...more trees and less city. I parked my car at this marina. It's just south of Reagan National Airport
You can see the Washington Monument and the Capitol on the horizon line and the guy windsurfing in the Potomac.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Mount Vernon Trail
Posted by carly at 11:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment